SHOWER SURROUND

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

RANDALLINDA

WE RECENTLY BOUGHT AN OLDER MOBILE HOME AND THE SHOWER STALL WHICH IS 4' BY 32" IS CRACKED IN SEVERAL PLACES. THE STALL IS MADE OUT OF THE SAME STUFF AS THE BATHROOM WALLS, A SHINY WHILE (PLASTIC?) PANELING WITH GOLD SQUIGGLES IN IT. WE CANNOT AFFORD A NEW SURROUND AT THIS TIME AND WE NEED TO REPAIR IT SO WE DON'T GET DRYROT UNDERNEATH IT. HAS ANYONE TRIED THE EPOXY FINISHING KITS FOR BATHROOMS AND IF SO, HOW WELL DOES IT WORK. DOES IT LOOK OKAY. THERE IS A COLOR IN THE KIT WHICH I FOUND ON AMAZON FOR ABOUT $75.00.
HELP!
LINDA DIGHTON
Greg

Linda, If you shop around you should be able to buy a new surround for about that price. It may not have bells & whistles but it would be waterproof.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
RANDALLINDA

COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME IDEAS WHERE TO TRY AND FIND AN INEXPENSIVE SHOWER SURROUND? I LOOKED ONLINE BUT THE SHIPPING ALONE WAS ABOUT $300.00.
tHANKS
LINDA DIGHTON
flcruising

I would recommend a product like this for you.

http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDispl ... 051&rpp=48
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
bobfather99

I looked on the Menards website and found a 5 piece surround for $56. Very barebones but will solve your problem.
Tip your bartender.....
Greg

Any home center in your area should have a low priced surround or check the closeout/seconds stores (Mr Seconds, Ollies type store) in your area. Lowes & Home Depot sometimes have returned or mis ordered stuff cheap, you may have to ask.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."