Intertherm E3Eb-017H

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cordell

I have a Intertherm E3EB-017H heat/air unit. For the most part it runs OK. My confusion started when I got a Hunter #44360 Programmable Thermostat. What I dont understand is when the heater used to "kick off" before the fan would run, cooling the heat coils down. Now when this new thermostat kicks it off it just stops. Is this bad for the heating coils? There are some settings on the thermostat that allows for a fan relay type unit BUT it makes no difference, it still stops instantly. Maybe I just never noticed before and it always had the instant stop, I could have sworn it turned off the coils and the fan blew until they were cooled down a bit. If anyone has any info/incite to my concerns here I would appreciate hearing it.

Thanks
Cordell
Robert

Hi Cordell,

There should be two slide position buttons for HG and HE settings. IF it is on HE, try HG setting. Some of the Hunters require this for electric furnace to operate correctly.

IF that doesn't help, I would get a Honeywell or RiteTemp t-stat.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cordell

I did switch the slide in the back of the unit, no difference. Am I correct that the fan should run for a short period after the heater coils turn off, basically cooling them off/protecting them? If no than the whole set up is working OK, I could have swore that the heat coils would kick off while the fan kept running though. I wish I had the one I remove to test this, but I was pretty excited when installing the new thermostat and sort of destroyed the old one :oops:

Thanks for the reply :)
Robert

When the last element coil shuts down, the blower shuts down as well at that time. You can install a fan delay to keep blower running for a few seconds to gain all residual heat from furnace and duct.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?