Nordyne Model MGHA-056ABFC-01

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Tiffee

Problems with the furnace. Apparently it's a Nordyne Model MGHA-056ABFC-01.. Had the transformer inside replaced just last winter. I replaced the thermostat today with a "Ritetemp standard heat control" (Basically a Home depot off brand) hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't. The problem was getting the furnace ON period. I'd move the old thermostat up to try and get it kicked on. (New thermocouple last year as well) The pilot is lit and everything, has been staying lit for a few weeks but now it's just getting colder. Even tried resetting the breaker and what not. I'd move the thermostat up and it would just click, not getting any kind of response from the furnace. Same thing was happening last year, and they replaced the transformer (Could it have gone bad in just one year? Being only used for about 3 months?) Plus it's warm to the touch so I'm not sure about that one. The blower will come on ONLY if I move a switch to FAN.. it's currently in the ON position so I assume it needs to stay that way. So a friend suggested that I try a new thermostat. I believe my furnace is compatible with the thermostat. The package says with most 24 volt heating systems, but I couldn't verify if it actually is a 24v system, cause I don't see it listed anywhere on the information. Any other possible clue as to what it could be? The wires look okay and yes the thermostat is hooked up correctly. The new one even clicks like it is sending something to the furnace but then I go to walk away and it clicks again like it's too hot or it shuts it off, not even giving it a chance to pop on. Though I am unsure of why this new one requires a battery as to where my old one didn't. I made sure to get a kind of dial one just like the last one. I'm at a loss here. I never started having problems with this stupid furnace until after my dad died leaving the house to me. I have a baby in the house and I'm hoping to avoid to have to call someone out again, seeing last time it ran me over 100 bucks to have them just tell me the transformer is bad and replace it. If it's that again, I'll try to figure it out myself. Thanks for looking.
Robert

Need to know if when the t-stat calls for heat, do you get 24vac at the gas valve ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Tiffee

I'm assuming you mean volts? I am unsure.
I don't have a thing that can test it, unfortunately.
I'll work on trying to get a friend that has one to come over.
Robert

24 volts AC .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?