what do you think? Henry 176 Pond Patch

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Ronald

what do you think? Henry 176 Pond Patch
this product can level a ponding area, it is a powder that you mix with water, apply with trowel and let dry two days...it is another possibility i found on-line to use on my old thread about my metal roof repair.
will it work? has anyone tried it?
here i go grabbing at straws looking for an easy fix again, who knows it just might work?
JD
Site Admin

I have never used Henry's 176 but I took a quick look at the spec sheet for it here -- http://www.henry.com/fileadmin/pdf/data ... chdata.pdf. It says that the product will continue to release moisture after the 2 day cure time. That in itself will pretty much elimnate it from use with elastomerics. Water effervescing under elastomeric will cause bubbles and eventually total failure of the sealant. That is just my opinion from what I have learned.

Another concern would be that the H176 stuff is made for use on BUR asphalt roofs. So if this product is compatible with asphalt and tar, does it have any asphalt, tar or solvent qualities? Any of those three would cause elastomerics (acrylics/rubbers) to fail.

I could only recommend a product that is made specifically for roof applications using elastomeric top coats. I use Ame's Blue Max Trowel Grade, but Conklin Roof products also makes an excellent caulk product in a bucket for use with elastomerics. I thought I saw something where Kool Seal (Home Depot) has a trowelable caulk also. I am sure there are other manufacturers as well.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.