AC Fan Not Blowing but I can hear a quite buzzing

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Cord

As stated above my AC Fan is not blowing but I can hear a quite buzzing. My hope is capacitor because i am pretty confident with my mechanical background that its is something i can handle changing.

My main conern here is when i read around a bit it says try tuning the fan, i do that and it only turns from the force i give it.

Second I also read and it says the capacitor should be swollen if bad my does not appear swollen but i dont know if that a sure fire way to tell and i dont have any imidiate access to a voltometer. So could the capacitor be bad if its not swollen?

Anyhow your board seems very informative and i could use any help i can get asthe warm season rolls in. Thank you in advance i appreciate it.

My AC Unit is Model BRCQ0310CB.
Robert

Hi,

Is your condensing unit BRCQ0301CB ? Just being sure, figured it was a typing miscue.

If so, could be the fan motor, run capacitor, contactor, or wiring problem.

The run cap can be bad and not be swollen.

Need to first check for power to the fan motor. Will need a voltmeter for that.

I offer a one on one email session troubleshooting steps for a $20 fee if needed to accomplish the above.

Go here to read info on paying fee if interested and needed:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?