coleman president no pilot

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bucklee

okay sorry for taking so long to respond when i go to ground when the the thermstat is down (room is satisfied) i get 13 volts on one side of the valve and 2 volts on the other side of the valve.
bucklee

also have noticed the following : the 2 wires that come from the valve, one of these goes to a sensor, switch or something on the duct work up by the squirrl cage fan, this switch also has a small red button on it that seems to be sticking, i took it out and pused it up and down several times sometimes it works okay sometimes it sticks so you cant push it back up.cant find any numbers on it only thing i see is like T.P.O or something like that on the bottom where it goes into the duct work, the other side of this switch goes to another switch,(sensor) where this is a cluster of 2 of them on the lower side of the duct work.i am talikg about the exhaust duct work.
Robert

Hi,

Upper Limit Switch # 7624A3591 can be seen and ordered through PayPal from left side here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

The wire with the 13vac, where does it go to ?

As stated previously, I would replace the Hunter t-stat first thing.

Also, please stay with this until finished. I have received around 700 questions through the forums and private emails since you last responded.

I do not have enough time to be going back and reading everything again to refresh my memory, just too busy for that.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bucklee

will replace t stat ,thru your site and sorry i know you must be busy and i am sorry, i dont have my meter with me but will ck it tomorrow, i think it goes to he upper limit but will make sure
bucklee

hey this gets better .i just looked to see if it was a 4 wire t stat to replace with your # 025-38747-000. and where the color code is this is how its wired . diagram say's green and yellow is attached,say's white and white is attached,say/s yellow and black is attached,say's r.h and red is attached,say's r/c and green is attached. what the h#* is this all about wired wrong ?? it worked fine last year, thanks again
Robert

How many wires are connected to it ?

Should have a red to RH, white to W, green to G and yellow to Y.

When the room temp is met and furnace keeps running, test t-stat W-White wire to ground for 24vac.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bucklee

the wire that comes from the valve to the upper limit carries 13 vac room satified

room satisfied these are the readings on the t-stat:

thermostat says wire that is actually hitch volts

green yellow -0-

white white 2.7

yellow black -0-

r/h red 11.3

r/c green 28.0
SchemeFighter

Title.
bucklee wrote:coleman president no pilot
On a comical note: I thought the title of the thread meant; that the president of Coleman is a lousy pilot (as in boat or aircraft). :lol: :?
bucklee

robt.did you make any sense out of my prev. post?
Robert

Hi,

Reading it now. Had a health hiccup, added onto by severe weather here and elsewhere and about 30+ emails/forum questions a day now.

With all that, haven't had time to pass gas, LOL and am a little backlogged.

Even had the heat quit at our other home we moved from and a gutter here broke and tore hole in overhang.

Who said you start slowing down at 50, LOL ?

Ok, let me see what you wrote.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi,

WITH room temp met and t-stat satisfied, at the W screw on t-stat, test that to ground for 24vac.

That is your heat power connection ad with t-stat satisfied, circuit should be open and you should have 0vac there.

Do you have a wiring diagram ?

Thanks,
Robert