Reference for 2006 International Residential Code

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Saigo

Can anybody tell me a reference for the 2006 International Residential Building Code, particularly as relates to mobile homes? I'm asking because it sounds like the code itself is vast, complex and confusing, and I would like to get a reference that is more targeted and easier to understand--and preferably one that is illustrated. I have been considering Building Codes Illustrated: A Guide to Understanding the 2006 International Building Code by Francis D. Ching. Can any of you all recommend this book, or suggest another?

Thanks.

Troy
Austin, TX
Rod

Saigo,

Not sure if there is a reference guide that targets just Manufactured Homes with IRC guidelines.
Might try contacting the Texas Manufactured Housing Association as they may be able to give you more info as to the local & national codes. Also any time I have something questionable I go down to the local Building Department & ask questions. I find I get better help in person than over the phone, especially if you need to draw it out to explain it.

Having been in the industry for many years I sometimes find the "Officials" know less than the educated contractor. However they have all the different code books and can source the info fairly quick.

Good Luck

Rod