furnace blower working but no heat coming out

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

eewv2009

I have a Intertherm Mac 2241A electric furnace. One day I noticed smell like burning wire and the outside of the furnace was hot to the touch. I turned off the breaker and waited for it to cool down. I waited a couple of days and turned the unit back on and it seemed to work fine. The next day when the unit kicked on it was only blowing out cold air. What do you think the problem is? Please help!!!
Robert

Hi,

Could be a bad sequencer, contactor or wire. Would need to open control area and look it over and test the components to know for sure.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
eewv2009

I took the panel off and do not see any burnt wires. I believe I know what the sequencer is, but how do I test it to see if it is bad. I am not sure what the contactor looks like. Can you help?
Robert

Hi,

It would only be either a sequencer or a contactor, not both. I can assist in seeing if parts are available for ordering and can give basic info such as already given.

That will help to lead/point to possible problem(s).

For further help in actually testing components, I charge a $20 troubleshooting fee for 1 hour of one on one emails.

If interested , go here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

Any other basic questions I can answer, will do what I can.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?