blower motor makes loud noise on coleman eb17b furnace unit

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mark hendrix

When the fan comes on, it makes a loud noise like tires squealing... motor turns easy by hand... motor has oil on rear (side away from shaft)... there are no other signs of oil in furnace unit... I'm thinking a bearing... but it turns freely and makes no noise when turned by hand... oh yea, it does produce air-flow... is there something other than the motor that can produce such a noise, or am I looking in the right direction... would I need a new cap to go w/ a new motor... if I got a generic motor from you, could you supply a color code to match it to the 1468-243p/a motor that I already have?

thanks
mark
"...in god we trust... all others must be verified"
Robert

Hi Mark,

Have you removed the blower housing to check blower wheel and motor good ?

If all is ok, a bearing is a good possibility.

Yes, a new run cap will be needed with any new motor.

The wiring diagram on motor will tell what wire is what.

Let me know if ordering info needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mark hendrix

have the snail shell out.. all turns well at 100 rpm or so.. only at 1000 rpm does it present a problem... and yes i will be ordering the generic motor an cap... i will make my order monday.. thanks..
Robert

Hi,

Blower Motor # S89-094

Run Capacitor # G21-930

Both can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Generic ... ml#catalog

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mark hendrix

:( i installed the new motor.. it ran backwards... changed the directional wires as in the instruction sheet.. still ran backwards.... something fishy about that... any ideas as to what to do next... my father-in-law taught a/c&r at a community college... he said that something could be mis-wired in the motor itself... oh and asap would be nice.. cause it is hot in north carolina...
Robert

Hi,

You'll have to call Mark at the office Monday toll free 1-877-263-7860.

Without being there to test and see it, can't say for sure what is causing it.

Thanks,
Robert