curtain rod on mobile home door

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

glisson35

My mobile home door has one of those small long windows in it. My question is, is there any specific way or tools that one needs to use to hang a curtain rod on the door? I know it's made out of a different material than a regular interior door, one might find in a non manufactured home.
thanks in advance.
Harry

Hi

My bride made me buy a new front door because the original had a window.

I've seen some folks put stick on decals in those windows.

Curtail rod - I would try sheet metal screws and a dab on construction adhesive under the bracket.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Rundell

My door window is tinted so I can see out but no one can see in. Works very well.
glisson35

Thanks for replying. I'll let my husband look at these replies and see what he wants to do. :D
Yanita

Hi,

I am going to move this to the Decorating forum...follow there!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
browningthree

I would suggest using one of those rods that are magnetic. If it will stick to your door that is. My mother has one and it works great! Just a suggestion. I believe that you can get them at any Walmart. Hope this helps!
Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
Yanita

They also have rods that "stick" into place. My next thought is where to get a rod so tiny.?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
WildIrish

Our former stick-built home had a window like that BESIDE the door...facing west. In Arizona. You can imagine the results....

What I did was to find a piece of cardboard and cut it carefully to fit the size of that window. Because the window had a pretty stained-glass pattern that we wanted to show off, I covered the cardboard with white Con-Tact paper. It kept the sun out perfectly, and the stained glass showed up much better than before, so it beautified the exterior, as well.

In our current MH, I adapted that technique for our kitchen window. We're night owls, so I don't like people being able to see that we're up at night...and who wants heavy drapes on a kitchen window!

So I again cut cardboard to fit, only this time I covered it with DARK Con-Tact paper. When we put it up, the most-used room in our house looks totally dark from outside!

Easier, cheaper, and more effective than curtains. ;)
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]