Electrical wires beneath underbelly

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Rosemary

I was beneath my mobile home today and noticed that there are bunches of very thin wires that obviously were intentionally wrapped around the steel beams. I did not closely examine or crawl around too much. I noticed that a red wire and a white wire were not connected to anything and just lying on the vapor barrier. These may have been chewed through by rats. I am having an HVAC man come out today because my blower will not turn off and I have to turn off breaker to get it to turn off. I am wondering if these wires belong to the AC. Is this normal for the wires bunched together to be wrapped around the steel beams or should they be inside something for protection? Should all wires be connected together? These wires are around the area beneath the home where the AC and water heater are. Thanks, Rosemary
Robert

Hi Rosemary,

Most likely the low voltage wires to outside a/c condensing unit.

They're usually just ran out there and not inside anything. Placing them inside liquid-tite conduit would protect them from critters and the elements.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?