Toilet refill time after water line break

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

TheStitchWitch

Hi, I have a new 2008 Clayton doublewide. Two days ago the we had to shut off the water at our well for about 6 or 7 hours in order to replace a broken section of water pipe.

Now the toilet in the master bathroom takes an extremely long time to refill. The water pressure is normal in the rest of the house including the second bathroom. Any ideas on what the problem is?

This is my first mobile home and first time living with a well instead of city water so this is all new to me. Thanks!
SchemeFighter

You probably have dirt in your toilet valve. Probably when you made the repair in the water line; some dirt sand or gravel got down in the line; then when you turn on the water it went throughout your system. This often clogs up low flow nozzles, aerators, sometimes can damage valve/seal/ring faces as the debris flows through and lodges and sometimes scratches or clogs such components.

You probably need to take the valve out, and try to see if you can back flow with the air or water the valve. If the valve can be disassembled perhaps it can be cleaned that way. If that doesn’t work or if that fails then you probably have to replace the valve. There’s probably a clogged valve or nozzle in the toilet valve assembly.

There's probably people that can tell you better, I'm not a professional plumber. It's been a while since I've done this type of repair.
Greg

Remember that fill valves are easy to change and less than $10, not worth messing with. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
TheStitchWitch

Thanks, we'll check out the valve. :)