Stove exhaust condensation

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

sliverdrums

Hello,

New here to the forum, and fairly new to Mobile Homes (6 months) I have learned a lot (and pretty quick!) I've visited this site frequently (good stuff!) Aaanyways...

I have a 1975 Park Manor located in frigid Edmonton, AB, Canada.

My stove exhaust is dripping condensation down, through the fan and onto my stove/floor. I have cleared away the snow and it still happens. I REALLY want to install my OvertheRange microwave, but DEFINETELY do not want water dripping into it.

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks.

JON
steve

You are getting condensation because the hot air from inside is going up and out the duct.
If you install a over/range microwave, just use ductless set up and insulate the duct from the inside...stopping hot air escape and condensation. The only other way is to make sure you have a good damper on the duct and that the duct is insulated on the outside.
sliverdrums

Perfect!! Thanks Steve!

JON
flcruising

You should first make sure it IS condensation, and not a roof leak similar to what this person is experiencing.

viewtopic.php?t=4643
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
sliverdrums

Thanks Aaron. I will keep all this in mind, from the first look on the roof it seemed fine...but I am learning that looks can be VERY deceiving. I appreciate both replies.

JON