Need a start point to relevel my home.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

red

Hey everyone, I am going to attempt to relevel my 16 X 80 home using a water level. I just need a suggestion for a good starting point to begin the leveling. Thanks!
Jim from Canada

Do you have Marks book? It will show you step by step how to check them all first and then make a plan.

Jim
Greg

Start in the middle & work your way to the outsides & ends by raising or lowering at each pier as you go. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
flcruising

I found it easiest to use the highest point (as long as the beam was touching the pier there) and bring all the others up to that.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
steve

I would think that I would start by the water/sewer/gas and electric supplies because you cannot afford to stretch these
JD
Site Admin

When I level a mobile home, I first look at the deck and landings to be sure to keep the doors within 1" of the decks. That is what will establish grade for me. I then set the water level and check each pier. I make a map of the piers and write down how much low or high they are from the water level's grade. This gives my a topographical map of the piers, giving me a better picture of how the home has settled. With this map I will raise or lower piers to meet that grade point established by the doors.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.