Coleman Evcon Presidential pilot won't light

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

danielrogers1

Heya guys you helped me out last year, hopefully I can get it running again with your help.

Model DGRT070AUA gas furnace. Has the pilot reigniter box, both T1 and T2 have power, on a call for heat T1 is at 12v T2 is between 12 and 15v. The high voltage lead does not have any current at idle, call for heat or even when attempting to light the pilot with the switch held in the "on" position on the gas control assembly.

With the sight glass removed, I was unable to light the pilot manually, and the gas control valve does not have any power coming to it from the upper limit switch. (the one with the little red button that pops up when it's over limit) and at that switch there is no power on either side.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel
Robert

Hi Daniel,

You must have 24VAC to reignitor module. What is the p/n on your reignitor module ?

Do you have a wiring diagram and if so, can you take a pic and send to my email ?

[email protected]

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
danielrogers1

I do have a wiring diagram, on the unit itself. I took some pictures of it with 2 digital cameras and neither one made pictures that you could read. I have tried to find one online and wasn't able to.

I did finally get the pilot to light, but that is all it will do now is run the pilot. I was reading the wrong numbers on my multi-meter, I do have 24 VAC on the T1 and T2 to the reignitor module but was still not getting any spark until I jumpered 115 VAC from the fan switch.

On the gas control valve I have 2 wires running to it, one runs to a switch on the damper assembly the other runs from the upper limit switch. The one running from the limit switch has no signal. The one running to the damper motor has 24 VAC.

So the pilot is now lit and it runs, but it won't send any more gas with a call for heat.
Robert

Hi,

Check the burner orifice and burner tube for blockages, such as spider/web.

If all clear and you have 24vac at the gas valve, time to call an hvac tech to test gas valve pressures.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?