Combustion air switch

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

YB Norml

I have been lurking on this forum and have found answers to my questions until now. I have a Coleman model # DGAA090BDTA that we turned on for heat a couple of weeks ago. I got the 3 blinks that indicate that the combustion air switch failed to close. I purchased-thru the catalog part # 024-27666-001-the switch and installed it. Turned the furnace on and got the same 3 blinks. I can induce and hold vacuum on the - side of the switch and the furnace will fire and run. When I release the vacuum the furnace shuts off and I get the same 3 blinks as error code. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Robert

Hi,

Check air pipe for blockage, be sure booster motor is running, check small hoses for kinks, blockage or damage.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
YB Norml

Thanks for the quick reply. Will check those items.
Max
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?