Installing new Dryer Vent...

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Brenda OH reregister

to help prevent crushing the pipe before you get a chance to upgrade it, you might consider placing a brick or a rock between the back of the dryer and the wall. that way, the dryer cannot accidently be pushed back too far and compress the hose.

Brenda
butch2

just curious why you didnt simply vent striaght out the back of the trailor (pretty sure the picture provided displayed the back of the dryer facing the back wall of the trailer )
flcruising

Because if you look at the second picture, it looks like there is a room behind the laundry.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
corvan

Robert,

You mentioned using some wood support to connect to the outside dryer vent hood attached at the skirting. Could you please say more about the need for and placement of the wood.

My mom just replaced her dryer. It was vented through a hole in the floor, and exhausts directly under the coach. I plan on connecting to the vent and bringing it to the outside through the skirting. What sort of wood bracing will I need to construct for the vent attachment (what ever the thing is called)?

Thanks for your time,
Linda
Robert

Hi Linda,

It's not always needed, but often is and people have many different types of skirting and skirting condition.

Sometimes a post is needed to secure pipe to at venthood using pipe strap.

Sometimes a square of plywiood is needed behind skirting, cut hole in it and skirting, run vent hood pipe through it and place screws through skirting into plywood.

I always throw that in there for people to have that thought in mind to complete task if needed.

IF the skirting moves in wind and venthood and pipe is not secured, it can pull loose without you knowing.

You want it to remain solid and in place.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?