Wallpaper Borders

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Nanci

Hello to all. I'm really happy to find this place. I've been living in Mobile Homes for over 20 years now and there's lots of help here.
My problem right now is, I'm getting ready to wallpaper my two bathrooms and would like to use a matching border but I have peaked ceilings. Have any of you found an appealing way to make this work?
Thanks
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

In most homes that I have been in with cathedral ceilings with borders they put it up by starting at the lowest corner and going straight across. Hence eliminating going up to the peak.

Those that I have seen that went to the peak were generally hand stenciled in place.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Nanci

Thanks for responding. I realize now that I should have given more detail. I have a double wide and not one room has both sides of the peak. It's like the place is split down the middle. I'm getting ready to work on the bathrooms and each only has one side of the peak. I think your suggestion would look really nice if dealing with both sides. How would you do my type? The same or skip the border?
Nanci
Yanita

Hi Nancy,

LOL, your home is split down the center. I guess I would do it the same, start in the lowest corner and bring it straight across. I am familiar with the look as my DIL's home is the same way, the peak is dead center and no room gets the whole look!

In all fairness I must say that I abhor borders, don't know why, just do not like them. If it was me I would go the added expense and hang a picture rail or nice chair railing.

When I first bought this home I hated the flat ceiling, seemed to low. BUT, I am learning to live with them.

I helped another friend decorate her doublewide with the same dilemma as you. When it came time to to the bathrooms, I convinced her to hang a long narrow shelf. A little lower than where the border would of been placed. At the end of the shelf where the ceiling was the highest we stood a tall picture, and then completed the decorating with other items. This seemed to "take up" that odd distance.

Hope I have helped and not confused...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Nanci

Yep, right down the middle. I don't like it but stuck with working around it. Thanks for the help. I guess I'll decide as I go along what's going to look right.
Nanci
gandjsmom

I have the same ceilings. The people before me put a stencil border in the living room. They only put it on the flat wall, kind of like an accent wall. Although I'm not very fond of the ivy I do like the idea. Plus you don't have the weird joining angle to match where the sloped corner meets the flat one.