Kitchen sink faucet?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Lorne

Why would this faucet have a weak flow on both hot and cold through the spigot BUT, have a strong flow on the sprayer?

When you turn off either faucet handle the water "Dribbles" to a stop, not instantly?

Both shut-offs valves are open fully and all 3 lines are the same diameter.

The chrome Faucet has no set screws to remove the handles to access the valve gaskets. It is a REALLY cheap faucet.

Could it be that the "Metal" handles "Pry" off? instead of having set screws?
Could it be just bad rubber seat gaskets?

I didn't want to buy a new one because I want to re-do the counter, sink and base cabinets someday. I should live so long.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
steve

Try unsrewing and cleaning your airator..it is the screen filter on the end of the spout. You should be able to remove faucets by popping caps on top...then remove screw and pop off. Hope this helps
Steve
Lorne

NOPE,No plastic caps.
I just found tiny Allen set screws up under the edge of the chrome handles.
May be made by American Standard.

Just have to get a gasket kit and away I go.
Thanks any way.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Lorne

I found that the "Diverter" valve in the base of the spigot is bad. Off to Home Depot.

I pulled it out then tried it and everything had a strong stream. Process of elimination.
gregsgirl60

I am brand new to this forum and I have the same problem with our kitchen sink. We just bought this mobile home and moved in a few days ago. It's a 1972 Croydon with a tip out. I've already found some possible answers to some of our problems in this forum and I'm tickled pink.

Susan :D
Lorne

Went to Home Depot for the little "Diverter" Made by American Standard.

Well HD carries the American Standard line but no parts, They want to sell you a whole new faucet. Sorry Charlie, no sale.
Next week I'll try Lowes and if they don't have it I might get it online.

If you don't have Marks book you should definitely get it. I really helps MH DIY'ers.

The faucet works great now, even without the diverter. The only thing different is that I get the spigot flowing along with the sprayer. NO Big Thang.

Happy renovating. The folks here are really helpful.