Motor Replacement/ and ? om compressor cap

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

fluepipe

Hi, been lurking for awhile now, and I am very impressed with this
Forum.

I have a intertherm condenser with the original GE motor:5kcp39cgM6885, its 1.25 amps 1/8HP 1075 RPM
I was wondering besides the 208-230 v, motor body diameter,when looking for a replacement, must it also be 1.25 amps, 1/8HP,1075 RPM, as the original?

Also the intertherm compressor's dual cap has the tag off so its impossible to tell what the compressor's mfd is.The GE motor is 5mfd according to the tag on the motor.

Anyway to find out the compressors mfd is: Its a copland model number: CRE4-0225 PFV

Thanks for the help. I am learning the a/c service part. I installed for a company for 3 years prior.
Robert

Hi,

Do you have the condensing unit model number ?

Motor does not have to be exact in amps, hp or rpm, BUT it must be fairly close and able to give design specs.

Fairly easy to match or get close in those areas.

If it's a MH unit, we can get most anything needed if we don't already have it in stock.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
fluepipe

Thanks for the reply. Yes the condenser motor is for a mobile home a/c unit. do you have a replacement, maybe a universal ? Its throught blt mounted Shaft down ( no bellyband).

The omly thing i have on the compressor is the maker and model number, The dual run compressor has tag rusted off. The condenser motor used a 5 MFD capacitor, according to condenser motor. Don't know what MFD was for compresser, you wouldn't happen to know would you?

Thanks for any help

I am going to be stocking up on service parts, so in awhile I will be placing orders with you.
Robert

I will see if I can track down needed info, it would be easy with the condensing unit model number.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
fluepipe

Thank you Mr. Robert, much appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Will get motor info tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Compressor Run Cap is 35mfd/370vac

So, the dual would be 35/5/370

or 35/5/440

MFD must be same, voltage same or higher.

Thanks,
Robert