Heater Not Blowing Through All Vents

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

smookiepooch

I'm trying to figure out why the heater isn't blowing through all the vents. I own a double wide and on one side of the house it's blowing fine but on the other side you can hear the air going if you put your head down to the vent but no heat is coming out. I just noticed it last night when the house wasn't heating up like it used to. It wasn't getting any hotter but it also wasn't getting any colder. My heater was running ALL NIGHT LONG and when I woke up it was only 72 degrees, which is the same temp it was last night.
Robert

Hi,

Underneath your home, you'll see a 10" or 12" flex duct extending down below the underbelly on furnace side and running over to other half of home.

That is your crooss-over duct connecting the two home halves trunklines.

It has most likely come loose, or become kinked/collapsed or has torn open.

It needs to be tight with no kinks or sags and completely off the ground.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
smookiepooch

Thanks Robert, I'll have to take a look when I get home. Again thanks for the help.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?