E2EB-015HA problems

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

gcreech

Elements continue to heat after fan kicks off. Replaced sequencer but that did not help.

THanks,
Robert

Hi,

First, be sure it isn't the t-stat by removing the W wire.

IF still energized after that:

Need to look at elements. Best way is to remove blower housing and look down at elements from above with light.

See if one of them has fallen down and touching element frame.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
gcreech

:D Thanks Robert, I found a broken heating element. I assume the end of it was dangling down and grounding out on the frame.

Thanks,

Greg Creech
gcreech

I tied it back together until I can get one and it works fine. What is the part # I need to order?
Robert

Hi Greg,

You're very welcome. You should have 3 coils, 2 on one assembly plate and one on the other.

Which coil is it ? The plate assembly has to be replaced, you cannot get just the one coil.

Is it the single coil assembly or one of the double coils ?

It would be best to disconnect the wires to the broken coil and go with the two remaining until replaced.

It will up the amps tying it together and can cause more damage and even become a fire hazard like that.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?