Model# E3EB-023H

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

beebster95329

I have a three year old Schult double wide, 76 X 30, 2180 sq/ft in the foothills of California.

The heater works but one side of the house has low flow, which I can attribute to a loose or missing crossover duct.

The big issue is the huge electrical draw. My question is, is it normal for the lights to dim and stay dimmed whenever the heater is operating? I operated the heater over the christmas holiday for several days and the PG&E bill went through the roof ($400+). I am on propane, so the bill was all electric.

Here are some specs that may or may not be of assistance...
240Vac 1PH 60Hz
4 speed, 4 ton 2.9FLA 1/3 hp
Dual Supply Circuit

At this point any info is good info...

Thanks.
Robert

Hi,

Could be a variation of reasons. Lights should not dim or stay dim either.

Only way to know exactly is to have a Tech check it out to determine why it is using so much electricity.

Could be age, a faulty part, the homes insulating factors, etc... .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
beebster95329

Robert,
Thanks for the quick response.

I cant see how it could be an age or insulation issue. The whole house is barely 3 years old. House was upgraded to 2X6 construction with upgraded insulation in all areas. It is under warranty and I put in a request for a service tech to come out.

I will keep you posted...

Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

May not be, those are just examples. With airflow issue to one half of home, unit will work longer and harder to heat home to desired temp.

It is an electric furnace running on 240 volts and the home is a doublewide.

Running longer will burn alot of kw's.

Taking care of anything that cause longer run cycles than normal and anything that doesn't hold in the heat will help tremendously.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?