Coleman Evcon Presidential 3500A816

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Kristie

Hello,

I'm going to start off by saying that I really have no idea what I'm talking about or what kind of help I need. I'm a woman, and I was just going to try searching online for some simple answers to our problem that my husband could fix, before having to call professionals. I'll try to be as specific and as clear as possible. Here goes...

We have a Coleman Evcon Presidential furnace in our mobile home (model #3500A816). It's been working correctly for the past two months (not to mention all last winter), until this morning when we woke up to find that no matter what we did, the heat will NOT shut off. Last night I had the thermostat set to 62 degrees and this morning the temperature in the house was 72 degrees and it was STILL going. I tried switching it to the off position - nothing. My husband changed the batteries in the thermostat - nothing. The only thing that turns it off is switching the breakers off. I have no clue what the problem is...it worked just fine until now. The filter needs to be changed, but I highly doubt that has anything to do with it constantly running...does it? I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense. This is especially irritating because it's currently 27 degrees outside, and I don't want to have to come home tonight after work to a freezing cold house. :( Anyway, I apologize if I've confused any one. Please respond as soon as possible, I appreciate any and all advice given.

Also: The blower number is 3500-590. If that is relevant at all. I just checked the vents and the air blowing out of them isn't really all that warm...
Kristi1

Hi Kristie

Warm Welcome here hopefully soon!

I have a similar problem with my Coleman Presidential Evcon Model number 3500A812. The only way I can get heat right now is turning the circuit breaker on and off all the time. I had to order a Sequencer because the old one is broken. Once its installed everything should hopefully work right again. I also replaced the batteries in my Digital Thermostat , but, still no luck for my furnace to work right.

My home is a 1992 Goldenwest Manufactured Winterhaven.

I Hope you get it fixed soon hon!!

Kristi
Life is an Adventure, Jump in!
Robert

Hi Kristie,

It is probably a faulty Sequencer with a set of stuck contacts.

Sequencer # 3115-3571 @ $39.99 + $6.75 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side of page here:http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Click on pic for enlarged view.

Or, by calling toll free between 9A/4P CST Mon thru Fri to

1-877-263-7860 and charging to Visa or Mastercard.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?