Nordyne MMHA-070ABHR-05 with UT 1018-204 626-4210

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bigredlancer

My mobile home furnace quit. My son is moving into it, not staying overnight yet. On Dec 12, he opened up to move some stuff; furnace not working. Thermostat (lever-type, non-digital) would tell furnace to start up. Furnace made clickety-click noises (technical term!) but would not light. Had the status indicator flashing three times. Called a local HVAC company, man showed me that the igniter was not glowing. He replaced the igniter, furnace worked fine after two hesitations. Next morning, same problem; no light-off. Another man came out yesterday, Dec 13, said Ignition Module locked out. He turned off power at thermostat and waited to reset system. It worked okay. Said I should get info on the diagnostic flash codes. Got them off Net today, after latest shutdown, now being described next. This morning, Dec 14, same problem. Sometime during the night the furnace kicks off, does not come back on. Why it kicks off, I don't know. It was 26 degrees at 0730 this morning in the high desert. I want all-night operation, even if we are not there. I had the thermostat at 68, worried about the water pipes.
Robert

Hi,

The 3 flashes is due to ignition failure, gas valve error or a false flame sensed during warm up period.

Need to test ignition module and gas valve for proper operation.

Also, check main burner orifice for a blockage from spider/web. This can effect flame and the ignitor/flame sensor may sense low flame and turn off gas.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bigredlancer

Servicemen busy; will try to get to me tomorrow. I have seen the good flame. Will have them check that Ignition Module and Gas Valve. I appreciate your prompt response.
Robert

Hi,

OK, but check the orifice, the flame can be deceiving sometimes. Covering all bases will keep from buying anything unneeded.

On the gas valve, if it is getting 24-28vac at terminals and correct manifold pressure output and shuts off with this steady, gas valve is bad.

On module, check for incoming and output voltages at proper sequence times to see if it is working.

If power is coming to it and it does not read output when it should, module is bad.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bigredlancer

I don't know where to find the input/output voltages or the sequences. Guess I will have to wait for the repairman.
LKVL

I've been having the same problem.........I have two flashes, No power to the ignitor. There is voltage at the gas valve.
Last edited by LKVL on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robert

Hi,

Please start a new thread with your question, then come back here and delete this post.

Thanks,
Robert