Intertherm model number FEH 012 problems

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

timok1

Hi to all. Well add me to the list of older (81) electric mobile home heating that throwed a shoe! Dual stacked element burnt both elements, I restrung elements, Now I have heat but it seems to have a new trick. It will start on thermostat but wont shut off. I have to kill breaker to shut it off. Reading other posts seems the sequencer(TOD-12S22-308743-8017 )
or limit(64TX11-L165-208175-6262310-8030
maybe the cause. I tried to get a limit while at heat suppyhouse but they said because of the dual stack type it is, they can't get it. Said that mobile home heat was a different color horse! Am I on right track ? Thermostat is a Honeywell mercury switch type that controls only the furnace . A/C is an add on and is controled by a separate Hunter nonprogramable digital . Every thing worked fine till this happened. Thanks in advance
Robert

Most likely the sequencer . The limits have no control over that.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
timok1

Thanks Robert I got a heat and air guy workin on it so far still the same ,at least I have heat just cant control it.Ill update when we figure it out cant be that difficult isn't that much in there- no printed boards just two elements -a limit switch -a sequencer-a 24 V transformer -and a thermostat.As I see it somehow the sequencer isnt responding to the thermostat to cut off We'll figure it out and post results
Robert

Most likely one set of contacts or more have fused/welded themselves closed keeping them energized.

The bottom terminals are the 24vac heater terminals, you should read 0vac across those on a no call from t-stat.

If so, then you should read 240vac across each set of top and middle terminals.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
timok1

Ok new sequencer(Supco#Q103 on 1-20 off 40-110) still same symtoms ,turns on with thermo wont cut off ,temp set at 68 furnace still on at 70, Could the elements I installed be the culprit (Motors & Armatures #34601, 5000 watt @ 240 V, Also the furnace clicks on and off ,elements glow then clicks and elements dim,clicks and elements glow(limit ?) Also when ya kill main breaker wait 5-7 minutes theres a click then you can turn breaker on and alls fine till thero turns heater on and cycle stars again.Thanks for your help Robert I have a mobile home heat man commin again today
timok1

Update- Got it fixed.Problem started last winter when I replaced the blower motor.The guy I got it from said he wired it to turn proper direction, but I failed to check it.Long story short ,fan was turning backwards ,not enough air across the elements ,burning them out.When I installed the new elements ,the elements were causing the furnace to over heat, thereby over heating the sequencer(on my furnace the sequencer is attached to the sheet metal plate that the elements are attached) causing it to not respond to the thermostat.Alls well ,thank you for your help