Coleman 7700A, Main burner will not light, Help!

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Coldincolorado

My Coleman model 7700A, Series 856, Burner will not light. Pilot light is on, and when thermostat is raised, the draft motor starts and runs, but the main burner will not ignite. Where do I start?
Greg

I'm no expert on them, but I would try replacing the thermocoupler first. Most home centers & hardware stores have them. If it goes bad it is telling the control valve that the pilot is out and not to open the main gas valve. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Coldincolorado

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't wait to see if someone would reply to my post, so I just call my local tech. Had to get the heat back on ASAP! Its cold here.
What was found was the high heat switch that tells the blower fan when to kick on was bad. A $75.00 Service call, and an $18.00 part. Money well spent for me, I would have spent all day trying to figure it out.

Thanks again.
Robert

Hi,

Sorry I wasn't available earlier, glad you got it going again.

Thanks for update.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?