Flooring (Economical!)

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rachinesafire

If you are confused between paint and laminate flooring then you should go with laminate flooring. You will be spending equal on both of them. So why don’t you try something different?? And you are suffering from allergies because of the dust problem, so paint is not a good solution for this. First you will have to change your flooring and will be completely clear and maintain so you will not face such a problem again.

Greg wrote:I would recommend doing research, and more research and then read any reviews you can find. If you can get a sample section, put it through the paces. Put a wet glass or boots on it and see if the water effects it. We have Home Expressions in ours' that I bought at Mr. Seconds that is great as far as wear & water. Our Daughter bought some from Lumber Liquidators that is junk. If you walk across it with wet shoes it almost leaves water marks in it. If you leave wet boots on it you will have water marks.

Greg

Greg, can you tell me the brand that your daughter bought at LL? We are finally getting closer! Thanks so much,
Debi
Greg

That was a few years ago, so I really have no idea.

I just (This weekend) finished putting laminate down in our front bedroom/computer room. I had bought some at Ollie's but took it back, it was total JUNK. It would not stay locked together, I even screwed the first strip down next to the wall to hold it together. The second strip would not stay locked to the first so after 2 hours I had enough.

I ended up with Kronoswiss from Mr. Seconds (closeout) for a little over a buck a sq. foot.
www.kronospan.com
My advice would be to have them lock a few together in the store and see how much trouble you have BEFORE you buy them. Had I done that a Ollie's I never would have bought those.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."