Faux Random Rock Skirting

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

JD
Site Admin

I wanted to show some pics of a job I completed recently. This home suffered a small collision with a school bus [YIKES], which damaged the window awning, fiberglass stone panels, aluminum lap siding and a window. The insurance company and other bidding contractors were having a hard time finding replacement faux random rock panels and settling on a price. They hemmed and hawed over how to proceed for about 4 months until they called me. I guess I had the right search terms, because it was easy to find. Anyways, I started the job a couple of weeks later. I was not able to find aluminum lap siding in California, so I went back with HardiePlank lap siding, the cementuous fiberboard stuff. This was a much better product for the customer anyways. One thing I was amazed at is, the insurance company paid for a paint job for the entire home. Usually they will argue a "line of sight" deal and paint 2 sides or less. I never considered trying to match paint with that old green color. The very nice customer selected the new colors for the paint and faux rock. I think it looks very nice.

The product used here was Nailon Medium Red Random Rock, from www.fauxpanels.com. They have about 12 product lines and this was one of the least expensive at $20 a panel plus shipping. The nicest (most expensive) panels were over $80 each!

JD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

I think it looks a LOT better!!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Thanks Greg.

I also wanted to add that the insurance company involved in this claim was American Reliable Insurance Company out of Scottsdale, AZ. They were excellent to work with and did right by their insured person. They received bids from $2,400 to over $13,000, which may be why the claim dragged out so long. I sent them a detailed bid with explanations on everything and they immediately approved the bid.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.