i have so many questions

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

middysmom

i now live in a mobile home i have lived in them before but this is my permenant home now we have been married for 17 yrs and when we got married i moved in his home and rented mine out and after abot 12 yrs we decided to remotle mine and it was perfect and then 3yrs ago we had a fire and lost everything included one of my dauschaunds one got out went back to try and find her but couldn't and then we had a theft and we had to get back fast and we started lookimg for moble homes and i really didn't want the one that we got but i was very upset and didn't dissagree and i am not happy and want to change things i want it like my home and i cannot do it we have a huge living room and the bedrooms are kinda small but but what rooms that are big is the one of the bathrooms and the livimg room we took up the carpet in the living room and 2 of the bedrooms and put laminate and that is better being in the country we had it under pinned with brick but what can i do with the vibrating of the washing machine it is at the end of the houst and our bedroom is at the other end and it shakes i am sorry for b thanks dorothyeing so long but i am glad i found this site i am horrible at decorating thanks dorothy
Yanita

Hi Dorothy,

Well, your post contained alot of info...but the only question I really see is asking about the washing machine vibration.

There are a couple of things you need to check, first is the floor solid under the machines? Is this a top loading or front loading machine. Also is the machine level? put a level on the top and check it out. Most machines have adjustable legs in the front.

If none of these are the problem some folks have laid a sheet of 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch plywood under the machines to give the a stronger floor to sit on. Sometimes this helps. Your next option is to look in our books/parts link and check out the washing machine vibration pads that Mark sells online.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

I had a customer that had a front loader washing machine that really shook his house a lot. I installed two 8' 4x6 beams supported by 2 steel mobile home piers each. The piers were on standard pier pads. This ended the vibration problem.

I will tell you the same thing I told them. Adding a third beam under a mobile home unit (half a double wide) can cause problems as the home settles. I told my customers that the home should be checked/releveled every 7-8 years, and the home was on vary stable ground. We do not use below frost footers in our area, but even with footers, the home should be checked on a regular basis.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
middysmom

it is a top loading machime the home is 3 yrs old and it has always done the shaking and you know when it is spinning thanks dorothy
Johnny

have you tried leveling your washing machine sounds like it might not be level.
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions