bringing down the kitchen!

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

KLBoldon

I was looking through photos and saw we had taken a bunch of this project. Figured I would share! We were not sure if we were going to remove it or not. But over the weekend I had hit my head on it several times, the third time was the last straw and made me reach for the recip saw :mrgreen:

before and after...durings to come soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KLBoldon

These overhead cabinets were solid oak! A little heavier than expected 8) We set up chairs on the counter to help hold it while i cut it from the ceiling, then removed the chairs to bring it down to the counter, and then somehow got it down to the floor without crushing our newly installed laminate or our toes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KLBoldon

Heres a couple more shots that show what a hindrance this overhead cabinet was. it closed off the kitchen and severely limited the use of the peninsula counter top space.
japa

I really like it without the overhead cabinets. It really looks open now. I think you made the right decision, it really looks nice. Good job!
opinion free

Looks (and I would bet) works much better as a kitchen with those upper island cabinets gone. More light, from the sliders and it has that open concept look and feel.
This is my kind of project. I'm very good at the demo part. Unfortunately, not very skilled with the 'put back together part'. Although my head is swirling with ideas on how I would repurpose those, cabinets you took down. Thanks for posting.