Junk price

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Dean3

I took my old 1991 Oldsmobile Regency Elite to the junkyard yesterday,there were just too many problems to stick the $$s in to fix it.

After I took the aluminum wheels with my new tires and my new battery off(they deducted by weight)I still got $308..They said "junk price is $180 per ton for cars".And they didn't expect me to drain off the gas,oil,or other fluids..

My point is,,if you have any old cars to get rid of then it's a good time to check/watch junk price in your area,I think it is on the rise.

In case you wonder why I put new tires and battery into it,,,I did that before the latest round of brake problems came up.. :roll:
Dean3

No man,I think you misunderstood,or I wrote it out wrong maybe..After I took the parts I wanted to keep I still **received** $308,,I didn't have to pay $308..

It's a good time to sell to the junkyard around here at least,,,I don't know for sure if the price will keep rising or for how long,,when the market gets what it needs then prices will go back down and us sellers will get less. It helped that I was able to drive it to the junkyard,,,if they had to come and tow it then they may have paid less,,it's hard to say.

Just call the nearest yards and ask the price per ton..The car's title will show the weight as "GVW" or maybe "curb weight",,then just do the math and you'll have a good guess how much you will be paid.

Good luck,,I hope you can make some money for your Dad.
Dean3

Oh,and joeleitz,,thanks to your link you posted in your reply,,wich was reported as dangerous,,my subject header in the off topic list has a warning triangle thing,,,,,thanks a heap---not!

I don't see how an auto insurance link could be relevant to junking a car,,lol,,ya just don't need it 10 seconds before it goes to the crusher!! Anybody can be duped by all the worthless spam crap out there I spose,,I'll just end my criticism right here and now...Sorry folks.
Greg

Thanks Harry, It's gone. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Dean3

My thanks also to both Harry and Greg. The right things were done.

Dean