shared water well contract - help?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

rancocasrich

My neighbors (my nephew and his wife) and we had a new water well drilled last spring for our two vacation cottages. We both draw from the well but agreed that since they are at their cottage significantly more than we are and draw a lot more water than we do, that the electric for the pump would be on their electric line. One pump pulls the water for both cottages. We agreed they would pay for the electric for the pump since our usage is much less than theirs. All other expenses we shared equally. We four have decided we want to draw up a contract for the well and water usage in case one of us decides to sell and move out.

Can anyone direct us what to do and where to go. I imagine this is a common occurance with MH owners. Any assistance is appreciated.
Yanita

Hi,

My advice would be call an attorney...

I am moving this to the Off Topics forum as this is not about repairs.

Thanks,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Dean3

Is the well drilled right on the property line? If not it might legally be on one deed or the other giving that owner possibly more control over it. I'm only guessing but maybe it can be done *sort of* like an easement,,,in a way,,,after a fashion. If it does have to be on only one deed it will up the value of that property and lower the other.

Another possibility might be to Y the main pipe and put separate pumps on powered by the 2 different services(houses),then the elec costs would be apportioned accurately at least. Physical ownership depends on the situ.

I think your real estate agent would know of several attorneys that could handle it easily.