Return Of The Iowan

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Dean3

Hi folks! I'm back and droppin in to say howdy.

Been workin on the road a while(per-diem buys Negra Modelo!)and long days to boot. I have at least a week(maybe two)off before going back on the road for a short stint so I might just hang around and be My usual pesky old self.

I miss all You friendly folks,,have a great day!

Dean

PS-JD and Wuhneedah,,I think that stupid spammy virus thing was resolved when I reformatted and changed My email password,prettymuch everybody on My contact list got mail with spam links,,I'm so very sorry for that! My Big Bro threatened to "never open another" email from Me!! LOL! I told Him that was "a bit harsh",heh heh,He agreed...Every spammy one had a "no subject" header so please don't bother opening one like that in the future.

PPS-Audie,,if I remember right You use Southern Cross MYO tobacco,,have Ya tried Criss Cross Smoothe pipe tobacco in Yer machine yet? I like it so much I just ordered enough to get through for months,,it's much cheaper too since it's labeled pipe tobacco.
Yanita

Hi Dean,

Was wondering where you were. Ummm, seems you misspelled my name and forgot the pronunciation...that would be Yanita, or pronounced in the more traditional spelling Juanita. (smiling here.)

So I take it your tobacco crop came out well? We don't hear from Audie as often as we used to..he did post and say that he has alot of hunting to do so it may be a while before we hear back from him.

Take care and good to hear from you again...unless you are choosing to rattle my cage again...LOL.

Happy Halloween,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Dean3

Heh Heh,I was borrowing from my comment months ago-"We wubba Oooo too Wuhneedah",lol,but then You knew That I'm quite sure,,this explanation is for folks that missed it then.

Well I need to grow my green thumb!! :lol: The area where the gravel road washes down did very poorly,I didn't fertilize it enuff so my bad.That area cost me about 40 of the 83 plants cause I got tired of looking at my failures and ran them down with 20HP of rider vengance :twisted: ..The plants along the south side did pretty well tho,they grew to an average of 5'-6' or so with the tallest being over 8' 8) ..Then after I cut down and hung the rest I had to go on the road the next day and lost a few more to some white furry mold. Now while they dry I guess I'll look into some methods of curing and doing a cut that will work in the stuffing machine. We did smoke some that the lady I gave some plants to had grown,is was just dried of course and not cured,it burned ok but had little flavor,no clue as to nicotine content/satisfaction either as we were comparing it with commercial tobacco during the test.

I'll tell the world this much tho,if I do small plots again it will be with the black matting that stops weeds but lets the rain through,,even if it costs $100 to cover it'll be worth every penny to me!.. I've been stuffing cigs with smoothe/mild/lite/etc pipe tobacco,1/2 the cost(or less)of cig tobacco,it only took a few cigs to get used to the flavor and now I liken it to the difference between regular beer and a good dark beer,the dark is far better.I also seem to smoke a more when I buy a bag of reg stuffing tobacco.Supposedly there is alot less chems in the pipe tobacco too,I for one believe it. The folks out at the farm only cut/hung about 1/3 of the hundreds I took out to them,they pulled an old 14x70 home they are scrapping next to their big plot and hung them in it out of the weather,,a ready-made tobacco barn on wheels!

I promise to rattle Yer cage with as much friendly humor and taste as this old Iowan can muster :)

Dean