H1N1

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Rhonda

Anyone else really concerned about all the cases being reported? I live in ND and we have a case in one of our jr. highschools. Unfortunately my son is attending that same school. I have had two children home sick with flu symptoms but seem to be improving....another jr. high has over 100 children out sick and won't close the school down....AM I JUST A WORRY WART? I don't want to send my children out in public anymore. I won't take them to any stores or malls, I refuse to take them out to eat. This really scares the holy heck outta me....please tell me you all are in this with me!!!!!
Greg

Personally I think that the you have a lot to do with the odds, if your immune system is not what it should be the odds increase. Basic prevention such as hand to hand contact & hand washing do play a part. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Arlo

I know of several cases where I live. Almost all are middle and high schoolers. My daughter's best friend's brother is 14 and had it for 8 days. He's a healthy football player. If your kids have flu symptoms they should see a doctor. Go to your health department if you don't have health insurance. They will do a test to see if it's the H1N1. Your kids misery can be greatly relieved by a prescription for Tamaflu. As well as making the virus go away faster. Our schools are getting ready to give free flu shots. I don't see any reason to panic but if your kids are sick you should seek medical attention.
Yanita

Hi,

I agree with Arlo. I would also like to add that one of the very best things you can do is wash your hands frequently after you have been out in public/common areas. I now carry a small container of hand sanitizer around. I no longer shake hands with anyone. Our local hospitals and clinics are asking if you have flu symptoms to please wear a mask when entering these buildings for treatment.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!