All my hexes live in Texas. . . (you go #24)

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

kathyp12816

How about that Jeff Gordon and the 24 team? !!!! It's about time they made it to the winner's circle. . . and finally breaking the bank at Texas -- whodda thunkit!

Yahoo! Makes me want to run out and buy a Pearl beer or Rolling Rock just for old times' sake. . .
Yanita

LOL Kathy,

Glad to see another NASCAR fan! Now (LOL) I am not the one to answer "How about that Jeff Gordon and the 24 team..you would not care for the comments...just the usual anti Gordon comments.

Now lets see if you have read any older threads...if so you know who my favorite driver is :wink: . Gotta have broad shoulders to be this guys fan!

Really wanted to see the race as I missed almost all of last weekends race. Had a birthday party to attend. This weekend I did not get to see any of the race as I attended my 3 granddaughters Dance Recitals. It was fun, enjoyed it, but sure did miss my usual race munchies and watching it. Seems I am paying for track pass and not using it this year.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
ms vg

I didn't see much of the race but what I did see of it, it seemed 24 was rolling! No Gordon fan here, but nice to see someone other than 48 in winners circle! LOL

I'm just so glad Tony is running as well as he is.
'93 Clayton DW
Jim from Canada

It was a fairly uneventful race...but a great outcome. Any time the Chevys win is good, especially team Hendrik. Woo Hoo!

Jim
Dean3

I dunno much about it all except that old Playstation game-Nascar 98-and I ran the Cat(caterpillar)car cause I liked the black n gold colors,,kicked @$$ with that car too!

The gravel roads around here can be a real challenge like back in the late 70s,,lookout fer Me in that old blue 1968 396 4bbl Chevy!. Drove that car like there was no tomorrow,,almost wasn't a time or two!

Naaa,you don't wanna here any more of that stuff,,g-night.

Dean
kathyp12816

Tell ya what, Yanita -- I'm not sure how to take Tony now that he's gone corporate. Can't wait for him to really show us his stuff this season while he's picking up points.

And Jimmy Johnson is looking real scary -- like he'd ever assimilate that TStewart bad boy persona. . . unshaven as JJ may be these days.

Truth be told, I'm an eclectic race fan. . . I love watching the rookies every season. Who can't help but cheer for a driver named Speed? And I'll listen to an interview by Marcos Ambrose any time (oh, those Aussies. . . ) and maybe, just maybe Sam Harnish, or Paul Menard (and so many others) will wind up in victory lane. . . Old drivers, new drivers -- (I'm still real fond of those Chevies and not too crazy about the COT). I just love good racing.

And Dean3 -- you have no idea how much I miss Ward Burton in the Cat 22 car.

I'm praying for the chance to see one race in person at Daytona. If all goes well, I'll make it out to California for the race at Sonoma in June (and will get to see my daughter and grandkids too -- I'll turn them into race fans yet)!

Oh well, two weeks and it's on to Phoenix (I was there three years ago -- what a great race weekend that was!)
Dean3

*WARD* Burton,that's it! I knew "Burton" but forgot 1st name,,isn't there a Jeff Burton that drives too?

Dean