Are they a good brand?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

TonyPa

I see my MH has a Miller Gas furnace in it. Is this a decent brand furnace?
Not that I have a choice right away. But before winter, if it has problems when I have it checked, was seeing if this is something that is a "somewhat" a decent brand. I have heard of Miller welders, but not a furnace. Just curious.
Greg

Miller is one of the better manufacturers. The key to any furnace is maintance. Have it checked on regular basis. If it is an oil furnace, the fuel filter is the biggest problem. change it often and drain a few gallons from the bottom of the tank regularly. Water & rust are your worst enemies at 2AM when it's 20 below. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
DigitalDreams

I have miller welders and a miller fuel oil furnace,both are over 25 years old and work flawlessly as long as they are properly maintained.
They make sturdy products. Keep it maintained and it will serve you for years to come.
Yanita

Hi Tony,

Jump over to our HVAC forums and post in the proper forum. Ask Robert our tech about what you need to do for maintenance. Also no one mentioned keeping the furnace closet free of dust/cobwebs and changing filters. Again, please ask this in HVAC.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
TonyPa

Will do, thanks! It is gas. I do maint. my own here at the house. I just never heard of the brand. But after digital dreams posted about welders, then I realized it is a good brand...LOL
I know welders better than furnaces, when it comes to brands. I need to learn where to post on the forum. I get confused on the categories....sorry bout that!
Yanita

NP Tony,

I just really like to keep all furnace and ac questions in the correct places.

Just click on the HVAC link and then the next page that comes up will show the various sub forums within. By keeping everything over there then I know and so will you that the info you are getting is correct. Our tech is Robert, and Mark the site owner!

LOL, don't worry about posting in the wrong forums...everyone knows that I will move, edit, lock or delete as needed or I see fit. Not only do I own a cleaning business I keep this site clean as well.

Have a great day,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!