Just Need to Vent MH & jerk related

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

mrsq

I'm so frustrated. I have mentioned in other post that we are trying to find land to buy to move this home to.
I'm just so tired of people being willing to talk to us about selling a couple of acres of land till they find out we want to put a MH on it. I feel like I have the plague or something!
I'm not talking about some subdivision or something it is farm land!I guess they are worried that having a MH there will make people not want to buy the rest of it to build stick built homes on or something I don't know. Today was third time someone we called about land had a total attitude change when we mentioned the MH.
This is MS for goodness sake it is not like there are not doublewides ever few miles anyway! :roll:

Ok..I feel better now, I'm just tired of people looking down on people who live in MH! :x
Greg

As long as you have the OK from the zoning officer, there is really nothing they can do. If the land is zoned for mobile just don't say why you want to buy the land. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mrsq

That is very true I had not thought of it like that, if I could find some where the person selling was not going to be your neighbor. We are not in a great situation right now and I wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot in a place I was going to be at a long time. I guess it just shocked me because MH are so much the norm here.
Greg

You have to remember that there is a stigma that goes with living in a "trailer".

I have to watch myself or Yanita will pose the Trailer, mobile home or ? question again. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
DigitalDreams

Check your zoning like Greg said cause the only thing I have found is fire department response time can raise your insurance in a mobile if it is rural.

But most zoning regs don't have anything against mobiles except in the county I live in in Minnesota for some dumb reason you can't put a single wide on anything but a mobile home park and believe you me , me and the county went round and round over that.

But if it is a double wide most county's look at them as a house go figure ,like a single wide isn't just a long house. Just tell them like we did that you are looking to invest in some rural property.
Dean3

Don't worry too dang much,,stick built houses are still popular but modular/manufactured/mobile/trailer homes are on the rise and when the recession is over people that actually have a memeory will be thinking frugal for some years to come,,the laws and attitudes may change,,especially if quality manufactured homes become more common but are 20% or so less cost.

That's My tentative prediction anyway. :)

Sorry it doesn't help much at the moment tho :(.

Dean