Disney World tips anyone?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Sylvia

I was granted an all expense 4 day three night trip to Disney world with my beautiful 15 year old daughter.

I guess it's ALMOST all expenses paid. There is a dinner or banquet every night and we get 200.00 spending money for other meals. I've been looking at the websites and menus and holy smoley it's expensive there.

Does anyone have any favorite trip tips on dining ... and anything else? We'll be staying at the Contemporary which is on a monorail line. I've been to Disneyland but this seems much more as it covers so much more.

We have three day park hopper passes provided which I hope to bump up to 4 day passes when I get there.
JD
Site Admin

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge 4 years ago and it was absolutely wonderful! The whole lodge thing was very impressive, the rooms were very nice and the service was second to none. The maintenance staff was the most considerate as I have seen. We also had a small problem with Epcot Center and ended up dealing with the highest managers of the lodge. Best service I had ever had. To be honest, the food at this lodge was a bit too theme oriented and I just did not have the cultural taste buds for it.

Really enjoyed the early mornings and evenings on the balcony watching all of the wildlife. Beautiful place. The hotel is built in a modified "V" footprint. One evening we had a major thunderstorm come through and watched lighting hit the other end of the building. Pretty cool! The complex is set up for these situations and there was no apparent damage of any sort.

I know a lot of people like Epcot, but I found the science exhibits to be very crude and unimpressive. The back end of the park with the international shops and food court is really what the place seemed to be about.

No other real help on eating places. We ate everything everywhere. It is now just a blur.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Hi

We live 2 hours away from Orlando and make it over there a couple times a year.

Like JD we seem to eat everything ... everwhere.

Enjoy the visit.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?