New member - questions on siding/residing a mobile home

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

noratraceforme

Well I got the house resided. I am attaching a couple of pics of what we did. We pulled of the old siding which was in terrible shape. I didn't want to spend too much on this project so i went with smartside panels which are under $25 a piece. Wrapped it in housewrap and installed the panels which went up just fine. It took 2 days to do it all and that is with 2 people. But now I have an additional question. Don't know if it should be a separate topic or not.

When they put on the skirting about 10 years ago there was no flashing or anything on the rim joist. Because of that, where they attached the stringer 1X4 board to attach the skirting to it has gotten wet (it was only made out of like a fiber type board) and now I have a few places where my rim joist is pretty rotted. So when I reattach the skirting I will be putting on a new stringer board to attach the top of the skirting to. Should I put some type of flashing or something to protect the rim joist? I will be putting up rain gutters soon which this house has never had.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.