Total Remodel

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

bobfather99

Great idea to level the floor first. Better to do that than to "fudge it" and have it not turn out right.
Tip your bartender.....
Djstorman

Great Job. Cant wait to see more.
gtpvette

Will it ever be done??? I'll finish the knockdown on the walls on Saturday as well as the tile. Grouting on Sunday and primer the walls.

Replace all of the polybutelyne pipes with CPVC, installed shower stall and green board. Note waterproof LED Can light I put in the shower. Sweet!

Pocketdoor installed,, this is the view from inside the bathroom. If you looked at the eariler pictures, this was that partial wall area in the dressing ares. Also note the double light switch. One is of course the regular light switch the other is a motion activated switch. It controls a 50 watt LED can light right over the toilet. Much better than 500 watts at 3AM. These LED can lights are really slick. They are small and they generate no heat so they can touch insulation and not cause a fire. At $50 each they aren't cheap,,, but they work!

Tile going in. I installed all of the full tiles,,, this weekend I'll cut/trim what's left and install them

gtpvette

Last weekend..... still need to set tiles on the edge of the shower and grout

cattus

Last edited by cattus on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UmpJJ

Really like that pocket door, too. Nice work!

UmpJJ
gtpvette

Just a few more items,,,,, everything in the bath should be done next weekend

Had a visitor at the dock this weekend,,,, he likes the fresh water!

gtpvette

Bath is complete!

These two are a couple of weeks old already. They show the new closet (the one on the right) and the mudding of the walls starting. The wall mudding is already complete,, and I've painted the ceiling and walls and installed a new ceiling fan. This weekend I should finish the mud work inside the closets and install the new laminate floor.

crackur

I enjoy your post man, come help me with mine? hahah
LisaBoyer

You are an inspiration! I have shown your pics to my husband a few hundred times :)
gtpvette

Thanks for the kind words. We're getting close on the master bedroom. Floor is in,, closet doors hung. Lots of trim left to do. Crown, baseboards, trim closets and doors. I'd guess two more weekend worth of work.

I'm getting the weekend off as my wife's nephew and his Mom are comming to visit. Weather looks good so I'M GOING FISHINNG!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!

Flooring going in

Towel over the window leaves a bit to be desired!! The dresser is a Craigs List find I refinished.

New closet is working out great. We have so much junk,,, we need all of the storage we can get!

Another Craigs list dresser I refinished. It matches one I've had since I was a kid,,, so that's like 45 years give or take. Couldn't believe I found one that matches. Ethan Allen,, good stuff. I still need to refinish the other one and bring it down for my side of the bed.

gtpvette

Bedroom is done. I've got to say the bed/bath area is just sooo much nicer than what it was. The pictures don't do it justice. I've got a closet organizer going in this weekend as well as the art work over the headboard.

Now,,,, the next project,,,, the 2nd bath. Not as bad as the master bath, but certinally needs work. The plan is to put in new tub and a cultured marble surround, new vanitly, new flooring, new lighting. I won't be starting this right away.... will probablly take a month off or so. The mater bedroom and bath ended up taking 3 months of weekend to complete! Yikes!

I don't think the 2nd bath will be 1/2 that.

Water heater is in the corner behind the wall

I guess someone was in working on the plumbing at some point. Not much of a fix!

countrydan

awesome pics. keep up the great work.

i wondered if i could get away with tile as well but i have particle board subfloor and it doesnt feel sturdy enough. i love your plywood subfloors. def envious!!!
gtpvette

We had a huge scare yesterday. The home two down caught fire. It was origionally a single wide that the previous owner had expanded onto over the years. The biggest thing was the second floor master suite. The new owners have only had it 8 weeks. There has been alot of work going on so maybe someone did something wrong. Good thing was no one was home. We saw it right after it just started,, we just grabbed the dogs threw them in the truck and moved to the end of the street. The whole front was engulfed in flames in a mater of minutes. It then just worked it's way back. Overall it burned 1 1/2 hours. It also got the doublewoide on the other side. Both burnt to the ground.

This is after,,, you see the yellow singlewide on the right,,,, I'm right next to that.

This was eary on. Just the first trailer/second floor on fire. The other doublewide you see was the second one burnt to the ground.

Mines the bule/green one on the right;

CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS!!!
Last edited by gtpvette on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeffInFL

Wow that's scary .. have they discovered the cause yet? That reminds me that I need to get a fire extinguisher before I move into mine.