Small roof overhang for front door?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

ShelleyL

Hello - new to the forum although I have been a browser for a long time.
I just purchased a 1972 Premier. It's old, but has lot of potential. The subfloor inside the front door needs to be repalced as there is quite a bit of 'give' when you step on the floor near the entrance.
As there is no eave on this old trailer - are there ways built a small overhang about the door to help keep the rain/snow blowing in against the door.
Thanks,
Shelley
Golden, BC
Greg

Hi & welcome. Floor problems in the door areas are very common. Replacing the subfloor is not too hard but it is time consuming, there are lots of posts on the subject.
You can build or buy an awning to go over the door way, but remember that if you have a door that opens out you need to allow enough room for the top of the door to swing.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Norm Frechette

My brother an I just added a drip cap over both storm doors in my mobile home. Every time it rained, water would make its way inside from the top of the top of the storm doors. After a simple addition of a drip cap all is well and no more rain on the inside of the door. I can now leave the inside door open during a storm and no drips.

Best of all was that all of the parts and labor was FREE! :lol:
morganservice

There are awning kits that you can get to help with that problem. Most any home store has them.
ShelleyL

Thanks for the info and ideas!