Sewer connection

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

tmcbrear

I have a leak at the connection elbow from my mobile to the park.

The park connection is a 3" threaded metal stub pipe that sticks straight up. The connection to my sewer is a 90 degree black abs elbow. It connects to the threaded pipe with a 3" union type 90 elbow with a slip joint on the other end that connects to the mobile 3" abs with a rubber sleeve.

I have just replaced the rubber sleeve thinking the leak was there but it is still leaking. The leak appears to be at the threaded part that connects to the metal stub. The elbow has been there for many years and before I try to loosen the large nut to take it off, I want to be sure I can get a replacement elbow or is there a gasket at the connection. In either case I would like some more info before I loosen anything else! Can I get a replacement union type elbow or a gasket?
Greg

In most areas you are responsible for your home's connection TO the park's connector. If it is the park's, then I would contact them and have them do the repair. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

You should have no problem finding threaded 3" ABS parts that will fit the steel pipe. There should be more than a couple of possible connections at any home store. I would suggest that you get the cheapest toilet bowel wax ring and rub the wax into the the male threads real good. The wax will work like pipe dope and also allow easy removal in the future. JMO
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
tmcbrear

JD,

Great idea with the wax ring, thanks. I did finally find some ABS connections that would work, they just don't seem to make a 3" union like I really needed.

thanks again,