Window Caulk

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

brucetrout

I have to replace a awning window. What, from anyones experience, would be a good caulk to hold it in place and seal it?
All I have to do is slide the new glass into the existing frame. Just want to make sure it doesn't fall out.
Thanks
brucetrout
brucetrout

Anyone?
Greg

Bruce, I would hit the auto supply store and use windshield adhesive. It comes in black only as far asI know. Use gloves also, it is about impossible to get off of your hands. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

You could try this DAP 33 glazing material if you are glazing glass into trim. If this is a standard mobile home window, it would have a rubber glazing.

I am not sure what you are doing when you say sliding the glass in. I would think the frame would have to be taken apart.

A real good general purpose sealant for windows in DynaFlex 230. They sell it at Home Depot. This is what I use to install vinyl windows.

JD

http://www.swisco.com/page/SI/CTGY/door ... g-material
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.