preventing condensation under new metal roof....2nd try.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

cre8vmynd

it seems my original post was taken in a differen't direction. i'd greatly appreciate anyone's help.

i am going to put a new corrgated metal roof on my existing factory seamed roof like marks book shows. my concern though is that the space under the new metal would allow condensation that would drip onto the foam insulation board. any thoughts?

i have a 1991 cavalier, 14x60 with a peaked roof, and i live in southwest missouri
Maureen

Hi cre8vmynd,

I'll give this a second try also! Like I said, we have the same type of roof, but it was professionally installed. We've never had a condensation problem, but then we live in a real dry area.

I'll ask again, do you live in a very humid area?

I'm sure that one of the pros will be around soon to help you out.

Hang in there!

Maureen 8)
RumCreeker

You should not have a problem with condensation in my opinion. It is my understanding that condensation happens when warm air meets a cold /very cool surface or cold or very cool air meets a warm surface.
You already have insulation in your roof that helps to prevent your original metal roof from having a condensation problem and also you will be adding foam insulation to further protect from this problem. If you don't have a problem now with condensation, you fer sure should not have a problem with a roof-over. Just my opinion, I am sure others will jump in. Please take pics of your roof-over and post them for us!