Double Wide Marriage Line

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mdmaynard

Greetings!

I have purchased and older model doublewide (1979 trojan). We had it delivered and leveled.

I have connected electric from the meter to the panel in the house. We have electric on only half the section (the section closest to the panel).

Where are the electrical marriage line usually found on double wides? Is there a standard for where these are located or is it just randon locations.

We found a place near the rear of the home that seemed to be where the splice was made but when we connected those lines back up still no electric.

We have disconnected the electric at the panel and turned the breaker disconnect off at the meter until we locate this.

any help / suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank You
Martin Maynard
In Memory of our Daughter
Bailey DeLonais Maynard
Jan. 13, 2005 - March 28, 2005
S.I.D.S. It's REAL!!!
www.healingokhearts.org
Mark
Site Admin

Most of the time there will be several places to connect the power. If you found one, there is more. Look for small slits in the belly and feel inside for wires (unless you can see the wires hanging down). There could be 4-6 places to connect the wiring.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
mdmaynard

Thanks for quick response.

The splice we found near rear of house actually was three splices. I did not realize there could be as many as 6 splices. So I will keep searching :?

Will the splice always be in wall or underbelly? Is there a chance it would ever be in ceiling? I ask because I do not mind removing paneling and looking in walls but I am very reluctant to remove any ceiling panels.

One thing I did notice is that all the lighting in each room is in the wall, no lights in ceiling. Is this common in mobile homes?
Thank You
Martin Maynard
Bailey DeLonais Maynard
S.I.D.S. It's REAL!!!
www.healingokhearts.org
Mark
Site Admin

No ceiling lights in the living areas is the trend. If you see any double light switches, one of those switches may turn an outlet on and off. Plug a lamp into that outlet and you have a switch-activated room light.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
mdmaynard

[quote=mdmaynard]Will the splice always be in wall or underbelly? Is there a chance it would ever be in ceiling? I ask because I do not mind removing paneling and looking in walls but I am very reluctant to remove any ceiling panels. [/quote]

So the splice will either be in wall or underbelly?
Thank You
Martin Maynard
Bailey DeLonais Maynard
S.I.D.S. It's REAL!!!
www.healingokhearts.org
Harry

Hi

Yes...an end wall splice can be in the wall or down under.

Mark is correct. Also look for possible plywood access panels down under.

Good Luck
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
mdmaynard

Thanks for all the input.

I have finished with all the electrical work. I am not getting ready to repair/replace the prefinished wallboards in most of the house.

The mobile had three teenagers living in it and they were rowdy. The walls have been punched, kicked and etc. So many holes. We will just start one room at a time and go from there.

I appreciate this forum and the people that make it happen here.

Thanks
Thank You
Martin Maynard
Bailey DeLonais Maynard
S.I.D.S. It's REAL!!!
www.healingokhearts.org