what can I use to fix small holes in metal exterior walls

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

flgmtech

what type of sealant or caulk can I use to seal the small nail or screw holes from previously installed and removed screw holes?
I wanted to use a automotive seam sealer but would like to know of a more readily available source.
thank you
Tim
Mark
Site Admin

A paintable caulk or silicone would do the trick, but I suppose your looking for something that'll give you a nice finish than that?
Probably some kind of epoxy, but I don't know enough about it to recommend something. Maybe someone else will.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Harry

Hi

For those small holes Bondo works just fine.
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
flgmtech

Okay, I will try both and see which one does the trick, I am more concerned with longevity than appearance as they are both paintable and would be so small they would not be as apparant.
however I want the repair to be sound and weatherproof above all else.
Thank you both for your advice.
Tim
Maureen

I've got lap aluminum siding, and it's 34 years old. Plenty of dings and small holes.

I use Bondo. Works like a charm! If you've got dings also, place a small screw into the aluminum, in the center of the dent. Use a pair of pliers to pop it back out. Cover with bondo, let dry, sand and you're good to go!

Maureen 8)