Moving 5 feet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

caseylower

Need to move mobile home over 5 feet lengthwise and its in a very tight spot. I know its very expensive to move mobile homes but how much do you think or what portion of a regular move would it cost?
mhrAJ333

Hi there,

It is tough to say how much it might cost. The distance is only part of the cost. You would still need to unhook all the utilities, prep the new portion of the foundation, the actual move, re-securing the home to the foundation, hook up utilities again. Then you may also need a permit depending on the situation.

I would suspect that the cost of moving a few feet would only be 20-30% less than a move across town. But, I have never personally done it. Just estimating based on the work involved. I hope that helps!

You can read through this guide to learn more: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO MOVE A MOBILE HOME
Greg

I would contact a home mover in your area for a quote. Like AJ said it will require almost as much work as it would to move across town. ALL utility connections will need to be moved, tie down & foundation will need to be built. Skirting would need to be taken down and put back up.
I guess my first question would be why??

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."