Trying to repair drain ventilation issues.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Hdale085

Our mobile home has been having slow drainage for a while now. I recently replaced our entire kitchen sink with a nice single tub sink and replaced all the piping and what not under the sink and the slow drain was even worse now since there wasn't a second sink to provide air into the first drain.

Under the sink there is an air admittance valve, if I unscrew it while the sink has water in it the water drains immediately and fast. I'm thinking my issue is that there is no real vent on my plumbing system at all (or at least I haven't seen one). We have 2 sinks in our home one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom, of course we also have our washer and the one toilet that go to the drain.

I'm posting on here to get some other thoughts and find out if my suspicion is likely true? From what I understand when using AAV's you still need a real vent somewhere in the plumbing system. I'm pretty sure the only stacks on the roof are the one for the furnace, the one for the bathroom vent fan, and then there is one above the water heater but it doesn't actually connect to anything.

So if I do need to add a vent my question is how do I do this? Do I need to open up a wall and run it through the ceiling like they usually are in other houses/mobile homes etc? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Greg

Vent problems are very common. Most home centers have replacements or Mark has them in the site's store.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Hdale085

The vent seems to be working properly though. If I blow through it it shuts and it opens up when sucked through.
Greg

There should be vent stacks for the toilets, but you said if you remove the vent under the sink it drains normal. I think I would start there.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."