Shower Pan 1/8 off from being level...

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

xxfesterxx

How crucial is this? It is level length wise but when it comes to the width it is about 1/8 of an inch off. How critical is this when it comes to tiling etc? Should I put some thin set underneath to try and level it or just let it be? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance. The base is very stable after setting it in and walking on it no movement at all. So if I do not have to put thing set down that would be great. Have the day off trying to get as much done today as possible

Thanks again.
Greg

1/8" is not too far off, if it drains I would leave it.
Tile & Mobile homes are usually not a good combination. Mobile homes are designed to move, tiles not so much.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
xxfesterxx

Thanks for the response. When it comes to putting thinset underneath the pan is that to mostly to make it level? Or is it to keep it secure/from not moving? I painted my particle board subfloor just for added protection. If I do put some thinset under the pan will that be an issue? Once again any info is greatly appreciated.
HouseMedic

Paint will not be an issue with the thinset. I recommend using thinset but if you don't I would at least put down a piece of shower pan liner to keep the base from squeaking and making noise. Even roofing paper could work for this.

Ron